Authenticity Guaranteed / 14-days Inspection Period / 1-year Warranty
Delivery: ca.10 days
Rare and highly collectable chronograph by Eterna. It features amazing oversize "Clamshell" waterproof case of a very special design patented in the mid-30s by Schmitz Freres SA. This case has 4 small screws behind the lugs to compress two parts of the case. Various Swiss manufacturers used this design for their chronographs in various sizes from 30 to 38 mm.
This particular piece is notable for the biggest possible "clamshell" case which measures 38 mm, extremely attractive sector/snail dial showing beautiful patina perfectly matching purple hands, and a reliable Valjoux 22-based movement. It is triple signed (case, movement, dial) and freshly serviced. A true gem for a true collector!
The watch went through complete service. Technical warranty: 1 year.
- Stainless steel 2-body "clamshell" patented case (Brevet 189190)
- Outstanding condition and sharp edges.
- 38 mm (without crown) / 48 mm (lug-to-lug) / 20 mm (between lugs)
- Original steel fluted crown. Original "mushroom" pushers.
- Service superdome plexiglass crystal.
- Signed "Eterna Watch Co / Swiss / Fab.Suisse / Acier Staybrite" and with patent number.
- Manual-winding 2-reg 45-minutes chronograph
- Valjoux 22 correctly signed "Eterna" on the bridge
- 17 jewels, 18000 A/h, 40 hours of power reserve, no shock-protection.
- Serial number: 2.7 million
- Fully serviced
- Original untouched dial showing uniform patina
- Tiny dent at 8 o'clock
- Signed "Eterna" at 12 o'clock and "Swiss Made" at 6 o'clock.
- Black seconds scale, black sector hour scale, blue Base 1000 scale.
- Original blue steel hands in good condition aged to purple color.
- Good overall condition
- The watch with hand-made calfskin strap.
- Suede leather watch travel case
- Our company’s warranty certificate, invoice and general terms and conditions.